Info & Advice
Find helpful information and advice on all things student-related. This section covers a wealth of information, from how to pick a university to financing your studies (and finding those few last pound coins for a night out.) Gap year and study abroad adventures, insider info on what student digs (and housemates) are really like and the all-important what you need to do once you have graduated and are thrown back into the big bad world.
Our articles are written by a range of people, from current students and recent graduates as well as teachers, professors and education professionals to give you a complete guide and all-round picture on what to expect when you go to university. It’s a great place to start in deciding if, when and where to go to university.
Applying to uni
Advice on the university application process, on UCAS, financing and the dreaded personal statement!
- University interview preparation tipsIf you receive an interview don’t look at it with horror. Instead, think of it as your foot in the door, you’ve done it, you’ve impressed someone enough to get your statement to the desk!
- Checklist for year 13…Year 13 can be stressful, with a feeling that there is so much to do in so little time. The checklist for year 13 and all those bits to do to stay on top of things can seem daunting. Fortunately, we have crafted a handy checklist with some helpful hints and great advice to keep […]
- How to choose a UK universityHow to choose a UK university? One that is right for you, from the hundreds of institutions across the UK.Check out our helpful tips to get you started.
- Writing the dreaded UCAS personal statement…There are only two types of people in the world: those who enjoy writing a personal statement and those who don’t. Get some helpful advice on writing yours!
The inside scoop on all things student-related: part-time jobs, nightmare housemates, study abroad survival strategies and last-minute exam cramming tips.
- University accommodation: ten things you need to knowHere are ten things you need to know about university accommodation and some handy tips to consider to help you make that choice.
- The differences between sixth form and universityWhen you get to university, you expect a lot of things to be different from sixth form but some things might surprise you. Here are a few differences that the prospectus didn’t tell you about.
- Your first week at university: things that will definitely happen…Everyone has their own little worries about getting through that first week of university. Here’s a little advice on what you can expect your first week at university…
- How to earn spare cash as a university studentHere you can find a quick guide on how to earn some spare cash while at university (especially if you have run out of other options!)
- Long-distance relationships at uni (the reality!)Long-distance relationships at uni are attempted by many couples. *Spoiler alert* prepare for the reality of what happens to those relationships.
Want to broaden those horizons with a semester or year studying in a foreign land? Here from students that have been there on how to prepare and ensure you have the year of your life!
- A foreign student’s guide to the UK on a budgetYou’ve arrive at your UK exchange uni, now to start living! Some helpful hints on how to budget as a foreign student living in the UK.
- 5 top tips for your study abroad year5 top tips to help you survive your year studying abroad, from preparations before you leave to really living it up while you are there.